Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mom's "Soon To Be" Totally Famous Zucchini Bread



I have a lot of wonderful food memories from my childhood thanks to my mom. She is an amazing cook. I am currently putting together all her recipes as well as those from both of my grandmothers' into a family cookbook so all these wonderful memories don't ever get lost. One of these wonderful recipes is her zucchini bread which also happens to be a favorite of Sofia's as well. I can't wait to pass this book down to her and to keep adding to it with our own recipes along the way. Enjoy! 

My Mom’s Famous Zucchini Bread

 

(Makes two loaves – you can never have just one!)

 

Ingredients:

3 large brown eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

2 cups sugar

3 teaspoons vanilla

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

3 teaspoons cinnamon

2 cups grated zucchini

2 cups chopped walnuts

 

 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325. Butter two loaf pans. Beat together eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add in flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir in zucchini, and nuts. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails