Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Millet, Tomato, & Avocado Salad - For EVERYONE!


A friend turned me on to this fantastic food blog, Whole Family Fare,  a while ago and I have loved all the recipes I have made thus far. This one I made in order to have a quick lunch to pull out of the fridge and serve to both Sofia and I thoughout the week.  What I really love is the recipes are truly for the whole family from baby to adult. She simply adds tips on how to alter them slightly to meet the needs of each family member - no matter how many teeth they may or may not have! Enjoy!! 

2 cups cooked millet
5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
1 avocado
lemon juice
sea salt
extra virgin olive oil
fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped

Toss everything together. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil, a tablespoon or so of lemon juice and a large pinch of sea salt. Refrigerate for a couple of hours (or you can serve immediately).

babies 6 months + : puree a small amount of millet with avocado and water/breastmilk, until smooth.
9 months + : serve a little cooked millet with diced avocado.
12 months + : serve as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails