Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake - Party Recap!


The birthday was a success. She was super happy to see all her friends in one place and didn't stop singing happy birthday to herself for two days afterwards. The singing was most definitely her favorite part ...... oh yeah and the big bouquet of balloons she was left with when the party was over.





I love putting together all the details. I put a lot of thought into how I could make it special for her and how to have it really represent her awesome little personality. So I picked things she loves like polka dots,buttons, and her favorite colors pinks and blues. The goody bags included little dinosaurs for the boys, fun little rings for the girls, stickers, organic sugar-free lollipops (best lollipop ever), and super fun sunglasses. All things Sofia would have picked out herself. I also am a sentimental fool and like the idea of something I can incorporate every year which is where the birthday wish jar idea came from - I asked everyone to write down a wish for her. I think this will be a really sweet momento she will always have to remember her birthday every year. And who couldn't use a jar full of wishes!



I made lemon cupcakes and covered them with a lemon curd glaze a dollop of pink vanilla icing and sprinkled with unsweetened coconut which looked like snow.


I need to make it very clear that I am not a baker in fact making the cake was a very big risk and then to decide to make multiple layers was just insanity. It definitely wasn't perfect, but it was really yummy and my daughter who never EVER eats sweets ate an entire piece and that's in fact all that matters. It was a lemon cake with lemon curd and raspberry filling and vanilla icing with coconut. Basically I took all of Sofia's favorite flavors and put them into one cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails